none
Transfer Files between Dell Inspiron 5567 and Virtual Machines is too slow

Question

• Hello,

I have a major issue with transferring files (Copy & Paste) from virtual machines to Dell Inspiron 5567 laptops. Below is the full description of the problem:

- I have (2x Dell Servers) and (1x HP server) with Windows Server 2012 R2 OS and Hyper-V 2012R2 role installed on all of them.

- I have 5x Dell Inspiron 5567 laptops, some of them with Windows 7 Pro OS and the others have Windows 10 Home OS.

- I have different Dell Latitude laptops models.

The scenario is as below:

- If I try to transfer files from any VMs to any of my latitude laptops, the transfer files speed is good. "Using Wired and/or wireless"

- If I try to transfer files from one of two Dell Servers and their VMs to Dell Inspiron 5567 laptops, the transfer files speed is good. "Using Wired and/or wireless"

- If I try to transfer files from both HP server and the VMs & the 2nd Dell Server and the VM to Dell Inspiron 5567 laptops, the transfer files speed is too slow.  "Through Using Wired Cable".

- If I try to transfer files from both HP server and the VMs & the 2nd Dell Server and the VM to Dell Inspiron 5567 laptops, the transfer files speed is good. "Through Using Wireless".

So the major issue is as below;

Transferring files or browsing local webpage from one of Dell Servers and HP server to any of Dell Latitude 5567 laptops is very slow through using wired cable. "I have tried to change the cable and connect the laptop direct to the switch, but with no help".

Note that I have updated the Network adapter driver on Dell Latitude 5567 but with no help.

Please assist and advice.

Thanks,

Awad 

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 8:39 AM

All replies