MP version mayhem RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone else finding frustration in trying to keep track of latest MP versions?  The System Center Marketplace, while -maybe- slightly better than Pinhead or Pinpoint or whatever it was called, is still woefully lacking.  Searches there usually bring up everything BUT what you want.  I'm also finding that the download/import catalog available within the SCOM console is becoming less up to date as well.

Case in point:

I'm trying to find the latest version of the Windows Clustering MP.  The catalog in the console tells me the latest version is 6.0.7063.0 released 10/24/2013.  OK that seems pretty recent.  the SC Marketplace however tells me 7.0.8560.0 released 2/27/2013 is the latest.  Which one is right??

MS, you really need to fix this.  Since removing the original online SCOM only catalog a few years back trying to keep on top of MP updates has become a bit of a chore.  I used to be able to find and research any MP quite quickly.  Now I can waste hours trying to find the MP I need and the Guides to go with it.  SCOM is a fantastically robust product.  It requires MPs to do anything tho.  If I cant find the MPS and docs I need, makes it kind of difficult to keep SCOM up to date and relevant........

Just saying.......

Dean

Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:18 PM

Answers

• Dean,

I just tested this myself. When I clicked on the link of System Center Management Pack for Windows Server 2012 Cluster and it took me to the download, I expanded the details and there it tells me Version 6.0.7063.0 and Date published 10/44/2013. So the date and version that is listed in the catalog within Operations Manager is correct.

The link below show the Microsoft Management packs by name, current version and release date.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/16174.microsoft-management-packs.aspx

Kind Regards,

Tom

Kind Regards, Tom Ziegler http://www.sccmguy.com | Twitter @Tom_Ziegler

• Edited by Tom Ziegler Friday, November 15, 2013 3:48 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Niki Han Monday, November 18, 2013 7:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:30 AM
    Friday, November 15, 2013 12:07 AM