Unable to rotate display... RRS feed

• Question

• I recently bought a Radeon HD 3650 PCIE adapter to run 2 monitors. I wanted to rotate one of the displays 90º for viewing documents, but have not been able to. I called ATI/AMD tech support, who said this was a known issue that SP3 caused & said the best thing to do would be to uninstall SP3. Unfortunately, I've been running SP3 for quite a while & the list of programs that could be affected was as long as my arm. He also told me that Microsoft had a hotfix, but wasn't sure where to download it from, but gave me a number for Microsoft & said that they could help me. I called them & was told yes, there was a hotfix that was mentioned in a KB article, but they could not tell me the number of the KB article & basically told me I needed toi find it on my own! 

Can ANYONE point me in the direction of this KB article or a link to the supposed hotfix, so I can get this resolved!

Thank you!

Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try pressing CTRL and Left Arrow or ALT and Left Arrow (Depends some use CTRL and some use ALT)

Martin

If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)

Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:15 AM
  • Not at the office right now, but wouldn't this rotate both of them?
    Saturday, August 25, 2012 10:33 PM
  • That does nothing. I found a program called irotate, that rotates the monitor, but not the cursor along with it, which really sucked!

I have a PCI Express x1, PCI Express x16 & two plain ol' PCI slots available on the computer - could I just pop a couple of cheap video cards in it & have that work, if each monitor had its own card?

Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:42 AM