none
Multi-tenant capabilities in Azure AD Sync / Connect - Office 365 DTAP environment setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I want to setup a DTAP environment for SharePoint Online project. The production environment is configured to get authenticated with ADFS and AADSync is replicating the users to Office 365. I may be developing SharePoint Add-Ins hosted on Azure Web Applications which will also get authenticated by ADFS. So far, so good.

BUT: I want to have an Identical Test environment, as separate Office 365 tenant again using ADFS authentication with the same domain. I know it's not possible till now. So, I can have a subdomain created for the purpose, but still I don't think it's supported yet with one single AADSync (or Azure Active Directory Connect) instance to sync both domain and subdomain users to two different Office 365 tenants. I don't want to setup FIM 2010 with AAD Connector. Any other alternatives to achieve this? How do you normally make sure that Test & Production environments are having exact configurations like Authentication to avoid any issues after deployment like, my custom Azure hosted app works on UAT but not on Production because authentication scheme is different.

Also, what about development environment? Should I have a 3rd separate tenant in Office 365 which will be shared by all developers or all developers should have their own developer subscriptions? 

I know, we can use different site collections within a single tenant, but since I'll need to play with a lot of global settings like Search, Users Profiles, Managed Metadata etc. so I want to have different environments altogether to keep things separate.

So, in summary, what's the best way to have at DTAP environment for Office 365 based development using ADFS authentication and multiple developers?

Thanks

Anupam Shrivastava

• Edited by Anupam KS Saturday, February 20, 2016 12:18 PM
    Saturday, February 20, 2016 11:25 AM

Answers