none
Only project owners should view their plan and not other project managers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

WE might have done some problem with categories or security templates or groups.

For some reason in the instance developed all project managers can see all the other projects created by other managers.

How could we restrict this so that, only the owner of the plan can view the project or only status managers can see the plan when they login to the webinstance or project professional

thanks

mp

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Max_Pin

Basically you can set it at Category level.

• If you have Groups & Categories then ensure to select the first check box in category

• And if applied the RBS security ensure to uncheck the last check box in category.

I think the following link will be helpful to you.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197354.aspx

Thanks

Manish

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:40 AM
  • AS of now we donot have RBS used in the instance, would this still work Manish.

Thanks

mp

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:43 AM
  • mp

In that case I will advice you to ensure that there should not be any projects in the "selected projects" box. And select the the first check box && at the same time uncheck the second check box.

Thanks

Manish

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:52 AM
  • Hi Manish, Let me check and get back please

Thanks

mp

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:20 AM
  • Best way is to select My Projects category for all your Project Managers and apply Project Manager to My Projects category.

Possibility is that you are assigning My Organization Category permissions to your PMs or My Projects category is modified.

Abhijeet M. Mohite

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:13 PM
  • thanks for the responses Abhijeet and Manish,

Just another question.

Through project centre, we pm goes to GoTo>checkin my projects, can we limit the owner to see only his projects in checked-out state as currently they can see all the projects checked out andd can check in other project plans too

Thanks

mp

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:56 PM
  • mp

In that case I will advice you to ensure that there should not be any projects in the "selected projects" box. And select the the first check box && at the same time uncheck the second check box.

Thanks

Manish

Hey

As soon as you implement the correct security the PMs will not be able to see other PM's projects at any location in the PWA.

Thasnks

Manish

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:12 PM
  • This is co-related. This is problem with your permissions settings.
    Currently your PMs have got permissions of higher level and hence they are able to see all projects in Check-in.
    Once you correct permissions everything will be limited their own projects.

Abhijeet M. Mohite

Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:42 AM