Skype for Business Server 2015 Control Panel cannot open with error RRS feed

• Question

• Last weekend, our company had a power failure. After restarting all the servers, the Sfb 2015 control panel cannot be opened with this error:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP provider, error: 0 - no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.)

I have check the SQL server where TCP and remote connections are enabled. Firewall is disabled so I guess the TCP or UDP port 1433 is not a problem?

What else shall I check since the service is down at this moment. No one can sign in Skype for Business in the domain.

Thanks.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 3:45 AM

All replies

• Is the SQL Browser service started on your SQL server?  Are all SQL services also running on your Front End servers?  Can you connect to SQL Server using SQL Server Management studio?

I imagine it's a connection issue, but there's a chance it's a corruption issue, in which case you'd need to restore from backups.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, August 23, 2017 2:17 AM
    Tuesday, August 22, 2017 3:26 PM
  • Hi Henry Huang1214,

Agree with Anthony Caragol.

As you mentioned you have disabled firewall, please telnet port 1433 double check if the port is open.

As a supplement, for this issue ended up being to start the SQL Browser Service on the Lync Front End, also we suggest you check if there are event IDs in SFB application log.

Here is a blog for your reference, it’s similar to SFB 2015
    http://blog.ucmadeeasy.com/category/lync-server-2010/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, August 25, 2017 8:43 AM
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 2:34 AM