none
what licensing is suitable, cost effective RRS feed

• Question

• our newly proposed erp solution requires 1 sql server database server & another application server. 
    its a 3 tier setup. there are application clients running on each user pc-s. 
    so if all users are accessing just the application server and evntually application server connects and qwerys the database server,
    what is the cost effective licensing i should go for? expected users to start with are 25.

can i have such a set up as follows?

1] database server
    server os with min number licenses [1 or 5 what ever]
    sql  server with min number licenses [1 or 5 what ever]

2] application server
    server os with X number licenses [where X is the number of total users of the system & the assumed value is 25].
    Monday, December 3, 2012 5:47 PM

Answers

• When you say most cost effective setup I am assuming you are staying with MS

SQL standard comes with 5 licenses as standard, although I am not sure if you can get away with the fact the application server is connecting when 25 people are connecting into the application server that then connects to SQL..

Microsoft Server 2012 essentials comes with 25 licenses... what is your expected growth?

Have you thought of hosted solutions, this could be a lot cheaper than purchasing everything like the hardware etc?

• Proposed as answer by Kevin Remde Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Saturday, December 8, 2012 1:58 PM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 9:01 AM