OWA in only accessible by localhost‏ RRS feed

• Question

• Did anyone experienced a situation with Exchange 2003 SP2, OWA is only accessible from the Exchange server itself via http://localhost/exchange  not by its local and external FQDN, IP Address or the NETBIOS name.

Outlook MAPI is working perfect from clients

Did removed and recreated all exchange folders using IIS resource kit as per Microsoft KB

But no luck.

Appreciate any thoughts

Padman De Silva

Friday, March 9, 2012 3:02 AM

All replies

• Padman,

And is IIS accesible when browsing to the FQDN without the /exchange parameter? And what is the error you het when trying to access the page.

Regards,

Johan

Exchange-blog: www.johanveldhuis.nl

Friday, March 9, 2012 7:53 AM
  • Hi,

Nope i get HTTP 403 Forbidden message when i try to access the server by IP and default site with out /exchange

but i get IIS page if i try to access it by http://localhost

---Cheers

Padman De Silva

Friday, March 9, 2012 8:07 AM
  • It's possible that you have an IP address restriction (only allowing 127.0.0.1) on the Default Web Site (or even just at the Exchange level) in IIS Manager.

But it would help a lot to see the IIS log entries that are generated when you try to log into OWA.  There are about 20 different types of 403 response in IIS.

Mobile OWA For Smartphone
    www.leederbyshire.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

• Proposed as answer by Terence Yu Monday, March 12, 2012 1:46 AM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 3:00 PM
  • See the IP restriction, I've seen this when an IP of an Exchange 2003 server has been changed but somehow the restriction was not updated.  Even though you may not have changed the IP, check the restrictions.

Sukh

Friday, March 9, 2012 8:39 PM
  • Hi

Do you have anything to update your issue? 

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact
    tngfb@microsoft.com  

Terence Yu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 12, 2012 1:47 AM