none
Undeliverables/Bounce mails tracking for Out side domain recipients

Question

• Hi All,

How can we track Undeliverables/Bounce mails which was send from Out side domain recipients ?

What is the shell command used to track to identify the NDR for bound back email ?

The problem is one of our client send an email with 18 MB of mail size (Attachment) to our internal end user. But that mail is not been delivered to our end user, since we have restriction on send / receive as 10mb. we want to identify whether they receive the bounce back email notification from our mail server. also client need to confirmation, whether our server triggered the bounce back email. we have to share the log with the client. please share

Thanks,

Mani L

Mani L

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 7:55 PM

All replies

• You could enable protocol logging on the relevant receive connectors and then use a script or a log parsing tool to search those logs.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 8:57 PM
  • Hi Manikandan Loganathan,

Any update now?
    If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 24, 2018 8:02 AM
  • Hi Kyle,

Am not much experienced in logs part. Can you give me any sample tool or sample shell script to track the external user undeliverable mail.

Also, I need to know the Undeliverable notification mail origination.

Below is the Sample mail I received when I send mail to our Exchange mail ID from GMail account with more size attachment.

Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
    To: <pamusuresh@gmail.com>
    Cc:

This is the Email Security Gateway at host our.Mailserver.com.

I'm sorry to inform you that the message below could not be delivered.
    When delivery was attempted, the following error was returned.

<Manikandan.Loganathan@secova.com>: message size 25737964 exceeds size limit
        15728640 of server
    192.168.1.1 [192.168.1.1]

Final-Recipient: rfc822; Manikandan.Loganathan@secova.com
    Original-Recipient: rfc822;Manikandan.Loganathan@secova.com
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: X-Email-Security-Gateway; message size 25737964 exceeds size
        limit 15728640 of server 192.168.1.1[
    192.168.1.1]

Thanks,

Mani L

Mani L

Thursday, May 24, 2018 12:39 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

From this NDR you provide to us, we can know the size of this message beyond the limit on your server, as a result this mail were blocked.

You can use the command below to check the size limit in your environment:

Get-TransportConfig | fl Max*Size
    Get-ReceiveConnector | fl name,MaxM*size

Regards, 

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 1, 2018 3:05 AM