Using Outlook with an Exchange Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 laptops, a notebook, and a smart phone that all connect to my email on Outlook. My email accounts are msn.com; gmail.com; and hau.edu. All three have been consolidated in outreach. Recently the laptop that is running Microsoft Office 365 has encountered difficulties.at first it would not open the nau.edu account folders and now it will not open  outlook at all.

If I go into troulbeshooting the Outlook.com data file , the troubleshooting  system will re-establish all accounts and they work,  however as soon as i close out of the trouble shooting process the rebuilt Outreach  ill no longer open.

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 1:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, your issue is more related to Outlook client side. Since Exchange server forum mainly discusses and provide suggestions about Exchange server issues, we will help you move this case to Outlook forum.  You will get more professional suggestions there. Thanks for your understanding. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 2:00 AM
  • Hi Melvin,

Welcome to our forum.

>> All three have been consolidated in outreach. 
    What does the "outreach" you mentioned here exactly mean? Is it a third-party software which help you to use Outlook?

>> If I go into troulbeshooting the Outlook.com data file , the troubleshooting  system will re-establish all accounts and they work.
    According to your description, you have three email accounts in your Outlook(msn.com; gmail.com; and hau.edu). So what does the Outlook.com data file mean here?
    Did you use the "outreach" to troubleshot this datafile?

To further confirm if your issue is related to your Outlook, please try the suggestions below:

1. Can Outlook and outreach work fine on other machines? If so, please try to check their Outlook versions and update this problematic Outlook to the same version as the Outlook on other machines to see if the issue has any difference.
    2. It is suggested to open Outlook without any other programs(including your outreach) and configure your email account to your Outlook manually to see if there is any difference.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 6:00 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Friday, May 15, 2020 10:04 AM