MS Azure & S4B -> Exchange 2010 on Prem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello This is a X-post from another sub-forum. They redirected me to here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sfb-mso_winother/ms-azure-s4b-exchange-2010-on-prem/6fc26433-2906-4ecc-b6cc-3041210c5958

Hello All,

We are testing Skype For business online and we are seeing an issue.

On our mobiles (IOS) the ADAL login used for S4B is not passed to the exhange part.

If we set the credentials to manual, it works.

I believe we need to create something so the exchange 2010 on prem accepts the SSO credentials from the Azure AD.

We are using the PTA setup which works ok for office 365 & S4B at this point.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, March 9, 2017 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I find a TechNet article about your situation, for your reference:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3126604/skype-for-business-mobile-users-can-t-sign-in-when-modern-authentication-is-enabled

"Multi-Factor Authentication is supported when you use Modern Authentication in a pure online organization (both Exchange and Skype for Business are online).
    However, this is only supported for the Windows client without Exchange integration support. There is no workaround to add Exchange integration support."

Therefore, for Skype for Business mobile user, it's not support to use modern authentication within integration Skype for business Online and On-premise Exchange.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 10, 2017 9:55 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for the reply,

In the article states that MFA must be enabled. We did not enable MFA.

So this article is not relevant in our case.

Kind Regards,

Joris

Friday, March 10, 2017 9:57 AM
  • Hi Joris,

As far as I know, modern authentication is not yet support for On-premise Exchange server for now.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, March 20, 2017 3:33 PM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:47 AM