none
In TFS 2010 - how bug issue automatically generate task RRS feed

• Question

• Please any one find me.

how we setup TFS 2010 . it generate task automatically on comming bug.

Thanks

Pankaj kumar

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 6:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Pankaj kumar,

I assume you are talking about creating a task in Microsoft Project?

Currently, Microsoft is working on a server side integration between TFS 2010 and Project Server 2010. But it is still in an early beta stage.

If you have a previous version of Microsoft Project (2003 or 2007), you can use the client side Microsoft Project VSTS addi-in to sync your project with a TFS project. But as you are using TFS 2010, this is probably not an option.

If you can't wait for the integration that Microsoft is working on right now, you can also build your own sync tool using PSI.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 7:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Pankaj kumar,

I assume you are talking about creating a task in Microsoft Project?

Currently, Microsoft is working on a server side integration between TFS 2010 and Project Server 2010. But it is still in an early beta stage.

If you have a previous version of Microsoft Project (2003 or 2007), you can use the client side Microsoft Project VSTS addi-in to sync your project with a TFS project. But as you are using TFS 2010, this is probably not an option.

If you can't wait for the integration that Microsoft is working on right now, you can also build your own sync tool using PSI.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 7:04 AM
  • Hi Hans

Sorry, I do not want to create a task in Microsoft Project. We using   TFS 2010 with visual studio 2010  ,currently we putting task  on tasks folder   on coming bug, for assign to developer .
     Our requirement is that the bug issues should automatically generate tasks that can be assigned to developers.

Please help

Regards
    Pankaj
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 6:41 AM
  • In that case, you will have to ask your question in one of the TFS forums out there, as this forum is for Microsoft Project and Project Server related questions only.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/vsts

Hans

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 7:24 AM