none
how to recover data from formatted pendrives RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a pendrive which having FAT32 file system previously.now what i did i open the pendrive in hex editor.i found that root directory contain entries about

myfiles.and it having high order cluster byte set to some value . now i traverse the file system  with corresponing cluster no. by conveting it in  offset value .i found the data of my file at the corresponding offset. 

Now what i do i format the pendrive . due to formatting the pendrive the high cluster byte of corresponding file in root directory set to 0,so i am unable to traverse  data. of file.

is their any solution so that i can found my data...............

H.S.Navarkar

• Moved by Cleber Marques MSFT Friday, February 17, 2012 11:52 AM (From:Microsoft Operations Framework -- MOF 4.0)
    Friday, February 17, 2012 10:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Sorry, but you have posted your question in a forum that talk about Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF), then I am moving your post to another forum and I hope you can get some help. But if you want you can try to find other forum by yourself:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/

Hope that helps

Regards,

Cleber Marques

Microsoft MVP & MCT | Charter Member: SCVMM & MDOP
    MOF Brazil Project: Simplifying IT Service Management
    My Blog | MOF.com.br | CleberMarques.com | CanalSystemCenter.com.br
    Friday, February 17, 2012 11:49 AM
  •  

Hi,

If you want to recover the data from formatted drive, you need  special software and competencies. When you delete or even format a disk, the files aren’t really deleted, they are marked to be overwritten.

Since there’s no such software from Microsoft, you need search it yourself. Also please note third party may cause unexpected issue.

There’s a similar thread may helpful to you:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/w7itprogeneral/thread/50E592A4-D09F-4F93-965B-D50ABC4121AD

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:55 AM
  • Hi   

Yes, You can access Corrupted files or data which you have lost accidentally as the deleted data does not gets permanently deleted from the Hard Disk. For recovering USB falsh drive data you can use SYSTOOLS PEN DRIVE RECOVERY SOFTWARE. This tool also provide a demo version. You can use the trial and then purchase it. 

John olive

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:18 AM