none
Resource usage view - 'Other Projects and commotments' RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any reason why Project Managers can't see ALL projects that are in the Resource Usage views for 'other projects'? (like I can)

I was just trying to show a PM here about the over-allocation flag and then using the resource usage view to show which other projects the resource was doing. When they open the 'other projects and commitments' they see only the other projects they are managing

Is there anything I can do so that ALL project managers can see ALL resource allocations for 'other projects'

Thanks

Steven

Monday, February 17, 2020 10:03 AM

Answers

• Elsteshepardo --

I am assuming you want them to be able to see every project, but only to be able to open and edit their own projects.  Do the following:

1. Navigate to the Server Settings page in PWA.
    2. In the Security section of the page, click the Manage Groups link.
    3. In the list of security groups, click the Project Managers link.
    4. In the Categories section of the page, click the My Organization category.
    5. In the Permissions for My Organization data grid, select the checkboxes for the Open Project, View Project Schedule in Project Web App, View Project Site, and View Project Summary in Project Center permissions.
    6. Click the Save button.

By completing the preceding steps, this will allow your PMs to see and open every project Read-Only, and to open their own projects Read/Write.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Elsteshepardo Monday, February 17, 2020 4:00 PM
    Monday, February 17, 2020 3:17 PM

All replies

• Elsteshepardo --

The default permissions for the Project Managers security group only allows project managers to see and access the projects they own, or in which they are a team member.  If you are a member of the Administrators group, the system allows you to see and access every project.  Would that explain your situation?  Let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, February 17, 2020 2:11 PM
  • Yep, that's exactly the situation. How can I it so PMs can view all the projects like I can as an admin
    Monday, February 17, 2020 2:52 PM
  • Elsteshepardo --

I am assuming you want them to be able to see every project, but only to be able to open and edit their own projects.  Do the following:

1. Navigate to the Server Settings page in PWA.
    2. In the Security section of the page, click the Manage Groups link.
    3. In the list of security groups, click the Project Managers link.
    4. In the Categories section of the page, click the My Organization category.
    5. In the Permissions for My Organization data grid, select the checkboxes for the Open Project, View Project Schedule in Project Web App, View Project Site, and View Project Summary in Project Center permissions.
    6. Click the Save button.

By completing the preceding steps, this will allow your PMs to see and open every project Read-Only, and to open their own projects Read/Write.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Elsteshepardo Monday, February 17, 2020 4:00 PM
    Monday, February 17, 2020 3:17 PM
  • Thanks - that's sorted it
    Monday, February 17, 2020 4:01 PM