none
System Center Endpoint Protection causing issues with downloading and unzipping files - Please Help RRS feed

• Question

• I can't find anywhere online that can help me with this.

After deploying the SCEP client most, if not all, users are now experiencing issues downloading files (mostly PDF files) from the internet where they just get locked up from scanning and many files cannot be unzipped. 

After uninstalling SCEP on some systems these issues went away so I know SCEP is the culprit. 

Now what I need is to determine how to configure SCEP to not cause this problem. 

Thanks

Thursday, October 1, 2015 5:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

What version of the SCEP client are you using? It was a known issue with a version earlier this year when run on Windows 8.1

This is the KB article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3041687

Could that be the issue?

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Thursday, October 1, 2015 7:57 PM
  • HELLO!!!

Can somebody PLEASE help me here?!!

Thank you

Friday, October 2, 2015 4:54 AM
  • What about answering Jörgen's question first?
    You should call Microsoft support if you need immediate assistance. The forum is based on voluntary work of the community. 

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Friday, October 2, 2015 5:52 AM
  • You're right, Torsten. 

My apologies. 

I really appreciate all the help that you guys provide. 

I am having a remote site admin check the version and they will get back with me. 

Thanks

Friday, October 2, 2015 2:58 PM
  • This issue was occurring more on mobile users as it appears and when I checked the daily quick scan it was set to run a 8PM and most users were out of the office with their laptops by this time so it missed that scan. I have the default antimalware policy configured to run a full scan if a system has missed two consecutive scheduled scans, so I believe changing the daily quick scan time from 8PM to 12:30PM may have corrected this, or at least mitigate it, because mobile users kept missing scheduled scans and were being hit by a full scan in the morning upon their return. 
    Friday, October 9, 2015 2:33 PM
  • This was not the fix after all. 

The actual fix was to deploy update KB3092627

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 7:36 PM