Issue: In calendar, View>Reading Pane>Right (It Display's the Preview) The location is not updating and description RRS feed

• Question

• Updating Calendar Meeting seems fine in OWA.
    Updating 1 entry Calendar Meeting in Outlook Client and OWA works fine.

Issue: In calendar, View>Reading Pane>Right (It Display's the Preview)
    The location is not updating.

Modifying 1 meeting from entire Recurrence meeting the location is not updating. 

Tried in safe mode = didn't work
    Unchecked Exchange Cache mode  = didn't work
    Re-profile outlook account = didn't work
    Run /cleanfreebusy = didn't work

It's seems a bug? 

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 3:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 28, 2020 7:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I tested in my environment:

Modifying the location of 1 meeting from entire Recurrence meeting, the Location of this meeting shown in the Reading Pane(Preview) would still show the old locatio (not update).

So if this is your case, I'm afraid that this is by design.

If you think this is bothering you, it is encouraged to share your feedback via the Outlook UserVoice forum.(For all versions)

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 1:42 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Friday, February 28, 2020 7:33 AM
  • Hi Aidan,

Thank you for checking from your side. 
    Answer quite good and promising. 

But the User (Only one) seems not accepting the reason and keep on pushing that this is a bug. 

But yeah he is right and had a point.

We gave a work around if the meeting / appointment was Recurrence and he needs to modify the location

I think it's nice to create a new meeting / appointment instead of modify of the Entire series meeting.

I guess is not really ok to modify only 1 meeting From Entire series. What do you think? 

and I guess sending new appointment with updated location looks more convenient 

You notify or get the attention of the attendees.
    Updates has been made.
    Location was changed. 

But anyway,
    Thank you. Really appreciate your answer and for checking my post. 

Regards,

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 4:27 PM
  • 
    Monday, March 9, 2020 10:05 AM