none
Unable to reinstall internet explorer after failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I deployed  IE 11 on lot of windows 7 computers (~2000). I have used (SCCM + a package created with IEAK). On 93% of computers, IE11 works fine. However, on the 7% remaining of these computers, Internet Explorer has not been installed.

Why ? Because the prerequisite (KB) was missing.

After installation of these prerequisite, I want to restart the MSI package... but it doesn't work ! And, nothing in IEMain.log...

If you have any ideas...

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 7:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Since you mentioned that you have already installed once on these workstation. Please check on your workstation that if the package has already installed. Run following command on your workstation to confirm that.

Dism /online /Get-Packages | findstr InternetExplorer

This query gives you all Internet Explorer packages that were ever attempted to install on the system. You are interested in the last version that failed to install. Find the version of the last IE install and filter further on this version. e.g. 11.2.9600.16428

If version 11 exists on these machines, please run following command to remove them completely.

Don’t remove IE9 packages e.g. 9.x.xxxx.xxxxx or 8.x.xxxx.xxxxx.

To remove package run the following command: 

Dism /online /Remove-package /packagename: <package full name>

Or by running

FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*11.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /quiet /norestart

In command Prompt.

Push the package again and give it another try.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 8, 2015 2:13 AM