Sharepoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Do we have ItemLoad or ItemPreRender Event for Document Library.  I have the situation where before the Document Library Render to the screen, I need to capture event, then I will do some manipulation and store into content database. Then, I will Render the Document Library into the Screen.

Thanks in Advance.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

this requirement you cannot achieve it in the OOB document library, you need to develop a custome document library webpart or equivalent control, in that we have a lot of methods prerenderr, onload to do such actions..

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 10:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

THere is no ItemLoad or ItemPreRender events available. Can you tell me exactly what modifications you want to do so that we can look into that.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:04 AM
  • Hi, Situation that I have Added list of document to Document Library,  I have added Status column in Document Library List for all the documents. Now, when the user click root folder in the document Library, some how I need to get some event, where I can process one by ony document list and update the status column. Then Render the Doument Library in to the Web Page. 

Thanks a lot for looking this and waiting for reply.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:20 AM
  • Hi,

this requirement you cannot achieve it in the OOB document library, you need to develop a custome document library webpart or equivalent control, in that we have a lot of methods prerenderr, onload to do such actions..

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 10:20 AM
  • Karthick,

Please don't self-propose your own answers and leave a lot longer before deciding that your contribution is the one that is correct.  Wait for a member of the community to propose them, the OP or a moderator to do so.

I've reported each of your self-proposed posts based on this logic.

Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 10:28 AM
    Answerer
  • Steve,

I was not sure the way how this threads work, thats the reason i did so.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:37 AM