none
De-Associate custom field from a department RRS feed

• Question

• Using Project 2010 Server and Project Professional 2010 Client

I created a field called "Project Rank" as a custom project field.  However, I associated it with a department.  The field is not available in the project client, nor on the information page in the PWA.

How do I de-associate a field with a department.  I want the field to be available server wide.

• Edited by DarcyTheCurious Friday, May 10, 2013 12:08 PM clarified question
    Friday, May 10, 2013 12:01 PM

Answers

• Edit the custom field.  In the Department drop-down menu, click on the department name that is in bold.  This will de-select the department.

When you save a project, in the Save to Project Server dialog box there is a Department field available.  If you select the department to which you associated the custom field, then that filed will be available in the project.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

Friday, May 10, 2013 2:09 PM

All replies

• Edit the custom field.  In the Department drop-down menu, click on the department name that is in bold.  This will de-select the department.

When you save a project, in the Save to Project Server dialog box there is a Department field available.  If you select the department to which you associated the custom field, then that filed will be available in the project.

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

Friday, May 10, 2013 2:09 PM
  • I am feeling very foolish .... (nuff said)

It worked - Thank you

Friday, May 10, 2013 2:12 PM
  • Maybe... but you were smart enough to ask for help.  :)

Please mark my reply above as the answer.

Friday, May 10, 2013 3:28 PM