none
Would I like Autocomplete to...NO, NO, A Thousand Times NO! RRS feed

• Question

• Please,

How do I stop this pop-up nag bar from constantly asking me if I want to turn AutoComplete on? I have all checkboxes for AutComplete unchecked in Internet Options/Content and even have unchecked both use inline autocomplete options in Advanced but I still get constantly asked if I want to use AutoComplete.

I would never like to use AutoComplete EVER thanks for asking and don't ask me ever again! Sadly isn't an option in the AutoComplete section. Is there a registry change I can make so I never see this pop up again? I searched for this online but so far have only found countless methods of unchecking the boxes as I have done already. I was even tempted to turn the pop up blocker to max but I doubt it would work on this.

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by Spin Dizzy Wednesday, July 17, 2013 1:45 PM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 1:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Include in your questions in this forum your windows and IE versions. It sounds like you have a hawked installation of an earlier version of IE that is still has not complete the first run checks.

the first step in troubleshooting IE issues is to test in noAddons mode to rule out third-party addons.

For consumer support please post to http://answers.microsoft.com

this forum is for questions from System Administrators and Network support ppl managing 100's of networked computers.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Thursday, July 18, 2013 12:42 AM
  • Hi Spin,

Just as doctoroftype said, you could use no-addons mode to troubleshoot. Then please try to reset the Internet Explorer as following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Best regards,

Karen Hu

• Marked as answer by Spin Dizzy Thursday, July 18, 2013 12:27 PM
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:19 AM
  • This is looking good guys. I kind of tried your suggestions in reverse. I reset IE first and have since been logging into forums etc. for a while now with no AutoComplete pop-up as yet. So fingers crossed :)

Rob it's IE10 I'm using on Windows 7 x64. When I reset IE the show all add-ons section went from 5 down to just 1 (shockwave flash object). Before I reset there was also the Adobe PDF one and 3 others that were (if I remember rightly) like XML or something.

I'll mark this as answered because I've been logging in and out of things all morning with no hassles whereas yesterday up it would pop almost every time I logged into anything.

Thank you both :)

Thursday, July 18, 2013 12:27 PM