How to enable Skype presence on the Collegue Tracker web part RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am currently working at a site where they had MSN Messager installed on everyones client. Presence awareness worked at that point within the Colleague Tracker web part.

At some point it stopped working, I arrived and now I have been tasked with getting presence awareness working with Skype.

I have completely cleared all traces of MSN Messenger from my client, using uninstall, ccCleaner etc, and then installed Skype, and although the IM Provider within the registry is set to Skype, and all other keys appear to be set correctly, I get no presence indication next to the user names, other than the default grey circular icon.

Has anyone any ideas? Is it something as simple as the Colleague Tracker is unable to interface with Skype? There seem to be almost zero documentation anywhere on the web for this.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Using Outlook 2007, Skype 6.14, SharePoint 2007

I have populated the Skype field in my SharePoint user profile, and set IM Address to my Skype name for myself and a number of users I am testing with. We do not have Lync installed or Office Communicator Services.

I do not have the option of using a different web part - I have to get the Colleague Tracker working with Skype.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Jimmy

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 5:03 PM