Outlook 2016 (O365) Search Bar Help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I am having trouble in trying to resolve a search issue. Recently a couple of users are experiencing search problems.  When the user uses the search bar it will normally bring down recent search words and possible "From" emails linked to your search characters.  The "From" drop down is now missing from the search can you please help on how i can retrieve this back?  

Please see picture

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 4:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What's the detailed version of Outlook?

Have they made any changes to Outlook or Windows before this issue occurs?

When I tested on my Outlook 2016 1808 (Build 10730.20102), if the word that I type in the search box is corresponding to someone’s address, the From field will show up.

We can first try repairing Office to check the result. To do this, please go to Control Pane > Programs and Features. Right click your Office suit. Click Change and then click Repair.

Besides, please install the newest updates to see if there are any improvements.

Please feel free to post back if you have further concern.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, September 20, 2018 6:36 AM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:59 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates? Was the suggestion above helpful to you?

Please feel free to post back if you have further concern.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, September 20, 2018 6:35 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:20 AM
  • Hi,

Have you find the fix? If yes, you could also share it here which will benefit other forum members a lot.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, October 1, 2018 8:44 AM