Cross-Forest Availability with cross-forest delegation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi @ll,

I've set up a test enviroment for cross forest AS with a E2K7 forest, a E2K10 forest and and FIM2010 R2 for GalSync. GalSync has been configured to allow cross forest delegation.

Users from both forests are able to open a calendar from the other forest, but the see only "Busy", even if I set owner rights for a user in forest A to a calendar in forest B.

I think that's the correct configuration?

[PS] C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop>Get-AvailabilityAddressSpace | fl

RunspaceId        : d812687f-34af-4d90-b154-e2971be77d37
    ForestName        : labor1.local
    UserName          :
    UseServiceAccount : True
    AccessMethod      : PerUserFB
    ProxyUrl          :
    ParentPathId      : CN=Availability Configuration
    AdminDisplayName  :
    ExchangeVersion   : 0.1 (8.0.535.0)
    Name              : labor1.local
    DistinguishedName : CN=labor1.local,CN=Availability Configuration,CN=EXORGLABOR2,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=
                        onfiguration,DC=labor2,DC=local
    Identity          : labor1.local
    Guid              : 7c387628-4ebe-4365-8ef3-b431a8f46fa6
    ObjectCategory    : labor2.local/Configuration/Schema/ms-Exch-Availability-Address-Space
    ObjectClass       : {top, msExchAvailabilityAddressSpace}
    WhenChanged       : 12.07.2012 09:47:41
    WhenCreated       : 12.07.2012 09:47:41
    WhenChangedUTC    : 12.07.2012 07:47:41
    WhenCreatedUTC    : 12.07.2012 07:47:41
    OrganizationId    :
    OriginatingServer : LAB2DCEX1.labor2.local
    IsValid           : True

Also GalSync works fine: I'm able to add the "cross forest contact" (sorry, I've a german installation and don't if the translation is correct) to the calendar permissions or as delegate. But the user works with default calendar permission (if I set permission for default to owner, the user as owner rights).

I've interpreted "PerUserFB" as: if user in forest A requests FB for a user in forest B this request will be proceed on behalf of permissions for the user in forest A. Is this wrong?

Kind regards,
    FunnyDingo

Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please refer to the article below, check to see if you have follow the steps acordingly:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2011/03/04/3412075.aspx

Hope it is helpful.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 13, 2012 6:12 AM
  • Hi,
    It's not possible to share mailbox folders between Exchange users in different ORGs when runnning 2007<>2010.
    What you see and have configured is the Availability Information and that seems to work fine for you. Besides from "Busy", what do you expect to see?

Your configurations looks good to me.

Some good information in this thread: Actually "sharing" a calender between two different Exchange Organization

Martina Miskovic

Saturday, July 14, 2012 5:48 AM
  • Yes, it is. I've done it, I'm blogging about it (in french sorry).

This requires Exchange 2007 SP1 or later, and Exchange 2010 SP1 or later. Indeed, respectively both SP3 and SP2 + latest rollups recommended. Also it works for sure with Outlook 2010 but need to confirm that it works with Outlook 2007 too.

Post will be here:

http://unifiees.blogspot.fr/

In two parts (part 1 Free/Busy, and part 2 Cross-Forest Delegation).

Benoit Boudeville - Avanade France & Belux Microsoft Certified Master - Office Communications Server 2007/R2 http://unifiees.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:53 AM