Biztalk 2010 MP - Operations Console Views are empty. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I recently added the Biztalk MP to our Operations Manager deployment. However, I am having some trouble with actually getting the necessary components monitored as part of our Biztalk Installation.

I have created an account to be used with the Run as profiles that were created when I imported the management pack which I have added to the following:

Added the account to the local administrators group on the Biztalk Servers.

Added the account to the local performance monitors group on the Biztalk Servers

Added the account to the domain groups for Biztalk, Biztalk Server Administrators, Biztalk Application Users Group& Biztalk Server Operators Group.

From the discovered inventory view my OpsMgr has discovered the necessary servers under Biztalk Installation but the other roles havent been discovered. What am I missing?

Monday, April 18, 2011 12:54 PM

Answers

• I am guessing you have read through the full mp guide? See link here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee506592.aspx and in the tree view you can also see the same for the biztalk 2010 mp guide.

In some cases you need to enable certain discoveries. Also, you have created the account for the run as profile, but have you also created it in SCOM and linked it to the right run as profiles and checked that distribution of the run as account is set right (either less secure or make sure it is distributed to the biztalk servers).

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog)
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:33 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 3:03 PM

All replies

• I am guessing you have read through the full mp guide? See link here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee506592.aspx and in the tree view you can also see the same for the biztalk 2010 mp guide.

In some cases you need to enable certain discoveries. Also, you have created the account for the run as profile, but have you also created it in SCOM and linked it to the right run as profiles and checked that distribution of the run as account is set right (either less secure or make sure it is distributed to the biztalk servers).

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:33 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 3:03 PM
  • Hi Hendy, did this help you? Are you seeing your biztalk machines already?
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:18 AM
  • Hi

Have the same problem. On the BizTalk server I get this error:

C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 6\1374\Microsoft.BizTalk.Server.2010.BAMPortalDiscovery.vbs(116, 5) (null): 0x8004100E

Have followed the management pack guid to set up SCOM user and Run as settings, but still no discovery of the BizTalk server.

Monday, June 6, 2011 7:46 AM