what drivers do I choose to run VLC media player? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dell Inspirion windows 10. I just tried to download VLC media Player and the installation stopped because I needed to update my drivers that run it. Where do I go to do this and which driver should I download

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 6:14 AM

All replies

• Best option will be to keep your system fully updated via Windows Update. Otherwise you can do the same via Dell's support page. Make sure you have downloaded all the necessary drivers required for your system.

Visit VLC Media Player's website to download the latest version. Once done run it as Administrator.

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Thursday, August 10, 2017 12:07 AM
  • Hi,

In general, graphics adapter driver and audio adapter driver need to be updated.

Also, make sure your system is up to date, Windows will download and install manufacturer apps/drivers automatically with Windows Update, the latest build now is 15063.540.

On the other hand, you could visit Dell official website and find out your computer’s model, they will also supply drivers.

Finally, download VLC player for Windows, this version is suitable.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 10, 2017 1:43 AM