Problem making a call from OCS to our PBX or to the PSTN RRS feed

• Question

• We have set up Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 with Microsoft Mediation Server over SIP to Cisco IOS Voice Gateway. The Voice gateway also runs CME. When I make a call from CME to OCS the call goes through, the sound travels two-way. The same is true when I make a call from OCS to CME. When I make a call from an IP Phone (SIP or SCCP) to our PBX or to the PSTN the same is not true, we don´t have any problem. When I make a call from OCS to our PBX or to the PSTN, the analog phone rings and when someone answers it, we can only hear one side of the conversation. By that I mean that the Communicator client can hear what the person from the analog phone is saying, but the other way around doesn't work. The communicator client don´t understand that the call was established, what I means is that its displays shows calling +extension, even with the other side of the call established. If we wait for some time, it understand that the call was established and the conversation can happen normally. This time that we have to wait is random, it varies from 5 to 60 seconds or more. What do you suggest to solve this issue?

Regards,

Thursday, November 24, 2011 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,ActiveXbr,

Would you please check the following link to compare your configuration about OCS and CUCME integration?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns414/ns728/ns829/799011.pdf

Also please be aware you should disable the TLS and SRTP on your mediation server since Cisco doesn't support Secure connectivity in this scenario.

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Wednesday, December 7, 2011 1:55 AM
    Friday, November 25, 2011 9:42 AM
  • Hi,ActiveXbr,

Any updates here?

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 1:55 AM