ATI Radeon xPRESS 200 Series driver keep stopping RRS feed

• Question

• i have recently downloaded windows 7 Pro, fron XP, i got everything working on the computer, but most times after logging off or shutting down, when i restart, i loose Aero peek the taskbar where you can touch show desktop, point over internet icon to show all pages on the net ect, when this happens i must go back to Device manager and delete the Radeon xpress driver then i have to restart computer then windows will reinstall it back,  then i must go back into Device Manager and update the driver, if windows downloads the update driver when i restart windows i get the Aero peek back working, HOW CAN I STOP WINDOWS FROM STOPPING THE ATI RADEON XPRESS,   AND ONCE I HAVE IT WORKING HOW CAN I SAVE THE SETTINGS,
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 6:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please understand that this is Windows Vista Forum. In order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new thread in Windows 7 Forum for discussion.

Personally, you may follow the steps below to test this issue:

Try the Aero troubleshooter

---------------------------------
    1. Open Control Panel/Troubleshooting.

2. Under Appearance and Personalization, select the Display Aero desktop effects.

3. In the Troubleshooter dialog, click the Advanced link and place a check mark in the Apply Repairs Automatically option.

4. Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Also, please try to restart the related service to test:

1. Open Control Panel and click Administrative Tools to open.

2. Double click the Services item.

3. Locate the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager and double click that service.

4. In the Startup Type drop down menu, select the Automatic option.

5. Under the Service Status, select the Start button.

Note: if it is already started, please stop it and reboot the computer to restart it again.

6. Press Apply/OK.

7. Exit and reboot the computer.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, December 2, 2010 2:42 AM
    Monday, November 29, 2010 7:35 AM