Migration von Skype for Business on premise to Teams RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, everyone,

I would like to set up teams for our user teams in Office365. The users are synchronized to the Azure Active Directory via AD Connect.

With 2 users I could not set up teams, because "Interpreted User Type" is set to "HybridOnpremSfbUser". The other users are "DirsyncSfBUser" and so it works. I guess because these 2 users were once used to test a SfB on premise server. But this server does not exist anymore. Therefore Move-CSUser is not possible.

I have already removed the attributes that refer to the SfB server from the AD user object and synchronized them again, but without changing them.

Does anyone have a solution or an idea?

VG Marius
    Thursday, April 9, 2020 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Marius!

Does this issue persist all the time?

What is your previous environment? Hybrid or on-premise?

It seems that these two users are still in hybrid mode which leads these two users cannot move to Teams. As you said above, you need to change this InterpretedUsertype attribute to DirsyncSfBUser.

If your previous environment is in hybrid, we recommend you follow these steps to check if there are something wrong in your deployment. For more details, you can refer to:

https://blog.insideo365.com/2018/01/tips-for-transitioning-from-skype-for-business-hybrid-to-pure-online/

It recommends you try to create an script to clear all msRTCSIP- for every user in local Active Directory domain and then waited some hours to see if it can change the value. The script like the following example:

#ok lets clear msRTCSIP-* Attributes write-host "Clearing msRTCSIP-*
    Attributes" Get-ADUser -Filter "UserPrincipalName -eq '$userupn'"
    | Set-ADUser -clear
    msRTCSIP-ApplicationOptions,msRTCSIP-DeploymentLocator,msRTCSIP-Line,msRTCSIP-OwnerUrn,msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress,msRTCSIP-UserEnabled,msRTCSIP-OptionFlags

For more details, please refer to the following blog:

https://get-itips.capazero.net/posts/sfbonprem-interpretedusertype

https://blog.enablingtechcorp.com/cannot-move-user-in-enable-operation

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Friday, April 10, 2020 6:35 AM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update on this case?
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.
    Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 17, 2020 11:48 AM