none
Approved Timesheets not appearing in timesheet reports RRS feed

• Question

• Approved timesheets for many resources are missing in the timesheet report. 

On analysis, I have found that the Timesheet Lines are missing in Reporting Database but are available in Published Database. Looks like the databases are out of sync. Any suggestions how this can be fixed?

We are using Project Server 2010 and have Oct 2012 CU applied. 

Friday, March 15, 2013 3:08 PM

Answers

• I feel the timesheets submitted for that week must have failed in the queue. So only that chunk is not appearing the reporting database.

The only workaround is to re-submit the resources timesheets. And then re-publish the projects.

You can also delegate those timesheets and re-submit it.

Apply the December CU's so that it minimizes the timesheet failures in the queue.

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

• Marked as answer by Meghask Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:29 AM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:43 AM
  • I was able to resolve this issue by recalling and resubmitting the timesheet of the user. The user was not doing this properly so I had to set myself as delegate and recall and resubmit the issue timesheet.
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:29 AM

All replies

• Meghask,

Try publishing the project plan.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, March 15, 2013 5:28 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Thanks for the response.

I did try publishing the plan, it did not resolve the issue. Also, its the problem with only few weeks of timesheet of feb. The latest timesheets are available in reports.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 2:45 PM
  • Meghask,

Have your user recall, delete, recreate and resubmit the troublesome timesheet. After timesheet is approved make sure to publish the project plan.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 6:09 PM
  • Hrishi,

I could not do so, as it is an issue with around 10 users involving 15 weeks of timesheets and many project managers. Is there any other way to resolve the issue?

Monday, March 18, 2013 5:07 AM
  • I understand your concern, to identify the most likely cause, is it possible to try with 2-3 users and couple of timesheets?

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Monday, March 18, 2013 6:39 AM
  • When you published the project plan, have you looked at project server queue, specifically Publishing(Reporting) jobs?

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Monday, March 18, 2013 3:18 PM
  • I was not able to get connected to the user to recal timesheet. But when I try publishing the project from my end, there were no queue failures.

I am surprised to see that only a few weeks are missing, but the recent weeks timesheet filled on the same project are available in reports.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:04 AM
  • I feel the timesheets submitted for that week must have failed in the queue. So only that chunk is not appearing the reporting database.

The only workaround is to re-submit the resources timesheets. And then re-publish the projects.

You can also delegate those timesheets and re-submit it.

Apply the December CU's so that it minimizes the timesheet failures in the queue.

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:43 AM
  • Amit,

We are in Dec CU currently, I have requested the user to recal and re-submit. I will update you guys when I have a response from him.

How do we delegate timesheets?

Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:18 AM
  • You can check out the below blog regarding delegation:

http://ntrajkovski.wordpress.com/2012/09/12/how-to-manage-delegates-in-microsoft-project-server-2010/

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:26 AM
  • Thanks Amit.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:15 AM
  • I was able to resolve this issue by recalling and resubmitting the timesheet of the user. The user was not doing this properly so I had to set myself as delegate and recall and resubmit the issue timesheet.
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:29 AM