none
Ensuring Seamless communication whlie Exchange 2010 pilot users migrating to O365 wiht Lync 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Experts,

My company is migrating pilot users from Exch.2010 to O365 in coming days. All users are using on-premise Lync        2013(SFB) for communication(IM,Presence,Conference,Meeting). I want to make sure that while they are migrated to cloud(O365), they are still using on-premise lync 2013 server as a hybrid  solution . Later on we have plan to move them with Skype for Business online. 

Kindly provide the complete guideline/checklist/prerequisites that is necessary to implement this solution.

Thank You

Monday, February 13, 2017 8:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Hussain, 

First we need to enable Lync Hybrid so that you have users both on premise and online

To enable hybrid on Lync Server 2013 you need the edge server and reverse proxy role deployed and federation enabled. Do you have these roles deployed ? When in hybrid your external DNS points on premise.

Also you will need a directory sync tool such as AAD Connect to sync users account to your tenant, you need to licence your users for sfb before moving to sfb Online. Do you have this setup ?

These blogs will help you for reference

https://skype4b.uk/2015/08/17/decommissioning-skype-for-business-hybrid-and-going-cloud-only/

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Skype-for-Business-Hybrid-9218205e

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

• Marked as answer by HussainHN Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:56 AM
    Monday, February 13, 2017 9:27 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Akampa..

Actually scenario is like this... We are only going to move and test O365 mail without 

Skype Online .. but i want to make sure that those people who are migrated,are not loosing out/disconnected from their lync 2013 account on-premise. So i would like you to provide me with more details

to achieve my objective.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:55 AM
  • Hi HussainHN,

To this issue, please refer to the following steps for your migration:

1. Update Exchange 2010 to the latest, then create Exchange hybrid to migrate user mailbox to Office 365
    2. Configure Lync server to integrate with Exchange online
    3. Update Lync server 2013 to the latest and create Lync hybrid to migrate Lync user account to Office 365

Lync server 2013 integrate with Exchange online:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2614614/how-to-integrate-exchange-online-with-skype-for-business-online,-lync-server-2013,-or-a-lync-server-2013-hybrid-deployment

We suggest you do the above steps out of production time.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 6:37 AM