DVD Drive not recognized by computer? Help! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

please take time to read this. I have my laptop for 2 years right now, and it always worked fine. I use this disk of Roller Coaster Tycoon, because I'm still enjoying the game. The game requires the disk to stay inserted every time I want to play it. 

All worked fine. Then, one year ago, the drive showed up but the Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum icon (which would replace the drive, since it's inserted) DID NOT show up. I tried some things, and I got it fixed with deleting the 'Upperfilters' and 'Lowerfilters' in some place in the system. Rebooted and worked again like a charm.

But THEN, one week ago, the same thing happened. The panda icon was gone and I only saw the DVD station. I tried the SAME thing, but this time it did not work.  Upperfilter was there, but after deleting, nothing was fixed. I really need help, I tried several things but I think only you guys can help me out.

So I suggest that the problem is that the computer cannot recognize any disk I would insert. The disk works on other computers though. So it's definitely not the disk's problem.

Please, I really really need you guys' help.

Sincerely, Boris.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 11:44 AM