none
XCOPY with ACL under limited user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am trying to get one of my "limited user" to run a batch file which creates a folder from a template folder. Template folder has specific ACLs. but the user attempting to run it recieves "Access is denied"

batch content:

xcopy "\\server\templatefolder" "\\server\newfolder\" /O /X /E/ H /K

• The user running this batch is a limited user (Domain user but not part of the Local admin group)
    • Windows 7 x64bit
    • UAC is turned on
    • Software Restriction Policy is in place but this particular batch file is allowed to run

Apparently "/O" what triggers "Access is Denied". Any idea what permissions the user needs in order to run with "/O"? Adding the user to administrators, domain admin group is out of the question.

I tried changing the ownership of the template folder to that user, no go.

Thank you,

• Edited by Multra Thursday, November 20, 2014 11:55 PM
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 11:47 PM

Answers

• You are asking in a scirping forum.  THe issue is not a scripting issue.  YOu need to ask in the users or platform forum.

If you think about it a normal user cannot copy ownership that is not there own.  Make folder owned by everyone and have user take ownership after copy.

Post in the correct forum and they will help you.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Marked as answer by Multra Friday, November 21, 2014 4:13 AM
    Friday, November 21, 2014 2:44 AM

All replies

• You are asking in a scirping forum.  THe issue is not a scripting issue.  YOu need to ask in the users or platform forum.

If you think about it a normal user cannot copy ownership that is not there own.  Make folder owned by everyone and have user take ownership after copy.

Post in the correct forum and they will help you.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Marked as answer by Multra Friday, November 21, 2014 4:13 AM
    Friday, November 21, 2014 2:44 AM
  • Thank you,

My mistake. I reposted on different forums. Sorry.

Good idea with "everyone" as owner of that template folder. I will give it a go.

Edit: that idea did not work
    • Edited by Multra Friday, November 21, 2014 4:39 PM
    Friday, November 21, 2014 4:11 AM