none
Exchange Calender - Attributes - Attributes.Extended is gone?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everybody,

I have a query to get the calender data of our Microsoft hosted exchange, which semed to work after you guy helped me out with a error message I had. 

However now I realized, that I do not get all the details I used to have anymore. After digging a bit I realized that the Attribotes.Extended doesnt seem to exist anymore. 

Can you guys help me to find the fields I need again? Duration seem to have moved up one level but I also need :

Billing, Mileage, and Private

Thanks in advance!!

Thursday, March 24, 2016 4:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Which version are you using? And, can you tell me where you're looking at?

Btw, it's called Attributes.ExtendedProperties, could that be the mistake in your query?

Thursday, March 24, 2016 5:52 PM
  • I recently got the 2016 apps and I am using the incl. Version.

No sadly the Attributes.ExtendedProperties  not the reason. I realized that I forgot the Properties part after I wrote the thread.

I expanded the Attributes and in the version I downloaded for the 2013 apps (some time last year) I found the Attributes.ExtendedProperties but I cant find it anymore. It is not giving me an error but loads all the columns the are just all "null"

Daniel

Thursday, March 24, 2016 10:08 PM
  • So, you're picking those 3 columns, and their values in the rows are null? Even the "Private" column? (It's not FALSE or anything?) Did you create new Properties with those names on Outlook, are you sure you used the existing ones? I'm suspecting that those aren't the properties you're looking for.

If these are fine too, can you please send this as a frown, with attaching screenshots & fiddler traces?

Also, do you know what property ids you used while you were creating values in them? (Most of the time they don't have values in them by default, users add values manually or their own scripts)

Friday, March 25, 2016 3:57 AM
  • Oguz,

I am not sure how to send it as an Frown with attachments etc. If I click on send frown it doesnt give me any options.

So I ll just post the screenshots here for now. Let me know how to send you the traces.

It has been one of my earlier querys so it is a bit messy.

I am not sure what you mean by the property ID's, I just dug through the extendedProperties to find the milage field etc.

So i connected to exchange and Navigated to the Calender getting basically this image:

evey thing is fine so far. So I try to expand the properties and select the fields i need and cant find the Attributes.extendedProperties:

So as a result in my existing query from an older version were I did find the ExtendedProperties it just gives me null already in the ExtendedProperties column

I will try to build a new query from the start and see if I can find the ExtendedProperties field there.

Daniel

• Edited by Dan798 Friday, March 25, 2016 10:50 AM
    Friday, March 25, 2016 10:50 AM
  • The field isnt selectable in a new query either.

Just to make sure although i dont know why that would be but my office is installed in german...

Friday, March 25, 2016 10:54 AM
  • Can you tell me your Power Query version? It really looks like you're using an old version. In Excel 2016 this is how you can get it:

Friday, March 25, 2016 6:35 PM
  • Oguz,

looks to me like the same you have

Friday, March 25, 2016 7:39 PM
  • This is very old :) Can you try updating your office?
    Friday, March 25, 2016 7:43 PM
  • Well that is wierd because I just installed the new ProPlus 2016 Apps 3 days ago.

And I just tried updating it. It tells me it is up to date??

I am using the 64bit version btw.

• Edited by Dan798 Friday, March 25, 2016 10:08 PM
    Friday, March 25, 2016 10:03 PM
  • In Excel2016, Power Query addin release is tied with Excel releases, that's why you need the next Excel update. You can get some information here:

March 2016 update:

https://blogs.office.com/2016/03/04/march-2016-updates-for-get-transform-in-excel-2016-and-the-power-query-add-in/

How to get newest features:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/How-do-I-get-the-newest-features-in-Office-2016-for-Office-365-da36192c-58b9-4bc9-8d51-bb6eed468516

Friday, March 25, 2016 11:26 PM
  • Ok so if I understand you right the power query version I used to have is from sometime last year and is not yet in the standart build and if we need the features we will have to activate the first release feature and risk the potential instabilities that come with it?

And there I was just hoping the stability issues we had were a thing of the past :/. I will try the first release. apparently it can take up to 24h to activate though.

Any word on when these features will be available in the standart build?

Do I have to use the "Office Deployment Tool"?

• Edited by Dan798 Saturday, March 26, 2016 9:38 AM
    Saturday, March 26, 2016 9:34 AM
  • First Release did the trick.

thank you very much!!

do you know when the update is suposed to come for the standard version?

Sunday, March 27, 2016 4:52 PM