win7 64bit memory leak RRS feed

• Question

• I have just upgraded my pc's mother board from an ASUS m2npv with AMD chip to a gigabyte H61M with intel chip.  I am running win7 64bit and ever since the upgrade, the ram slowly fill-s up.  This takes about 3 to 4 hours as i have 8GB of RAM. when the ram is almost full, the computer slows to the speed of a snail.

The ram problem can easily be seen by using a CPU usage app. (sidebar) 

I am doing database development using MySQL and VS-2005 having to rebood every few hours can be very frustrating. 

Has anyone any ideas what could be causing this. or any tools that could be used to identify where the allocated ram blocks are being generated.

Curly Pete

Peter Snape
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 10:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You may check the process memory usage in Task Manager to check which one occupies the most memory.

Or I suggest you use the process explorer to display the detailed information of process.

Process Explorer

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, December 16, 2011 1:03 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 3:47 AM
  • This problem was fixed using a system rebuild - always a solution but very laborious.

Peter Snape

• Marked as answer by CurlyPete Sunday, July 29, 2012 2:47 AM
    Sunday, July 29, 2012 2:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You may check the process memory usage in Task Manager to check which one occupies the most memory.

Or I suggest you use the process explorer to display the detailed information of process.

Process Explorer

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, December 16, 2011 1:03 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 3:47 AM
  • This problem was fixed using a system rebuild - always a solution but very laborious.

Peter Snape

• Marked as answer by CurlyPete Sunday, July 29, 2012 2:47 AM
    Sunday, July 29, 2012 2:47 AM