Is enabling (deploying) SCEP policy will install EndPoint automatically? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Environment: SCCM 2012 with SP1

If I apply (deploy) SCEP policy to collections, is it automatically install EndPoint protection clients on computers? I've a SCCM Client policy set not to install SCEP at the time of SCCM Client setup (since I've Symantec EndPoint on multiple computers.)

Or Do I need to reinstall SCCM clients with SCEP option enabled?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Monday, January 28, 2013 5:35 PM

Answers

• When you enable to SCEP in the policy SCEP will be installed the next time the client refreshed policies you won't have to reinstall the client.

Justin Chalfant | Blog: setupconfigmgr.com | SCUP Catalog: patchmypc.net/scup | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resovled your issue

Monday, January 28, 2013 5:39 PM

All replies

• When you enable to SCEP in the policy SCEP will be installed the next time the client refreshed policies you won't have to reinstall the client.

Justin Chalfant | Blog: setupconfigmgr.com | SCUP Catalog: patchmypc.net/scup | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resovled your issue

Monday, January 28, 2013 5:39 PM
  • Justin,

Thanks for your prompt response. After looking into logs, I come to know that SCEP failed to install since Symantec EndPoint in installed with Password! Now looking for a way to disable the password by distributing a registry file to selected systems.

Thanks again!

Monday, January 28, 2013 7:44 PM