Disable "Found New Hardware" and Stop it automatically installing. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All.

Ok the Issue I have is below and can't seem to find the correct answer I need.

I have two dell WYSE boxes running Windows XP. I have one with an SSD to do all my configurations on and one is a 4GB flash box for steaming on to using WYSE WSM.

I have created a locked down version of XP with all sorts of registry hacks and Group policy to stop the end user accessing system files and control panel etc.. 

I have it the way I want it but when I stream to the Flash Box, it picks up it has a 4GB SATA drive in it and installs it and creates itself a drive letter E:\ and puts an icon in My Computer.This going completely against what I wanted, I don't want the end user to have local drives. ONLY pendrives.

What I have done:

I have used group policy to restrict the view and access of A: B: C: & D: drives so it still allows me to use pen drives.

I have disabled some services to stop searing for new hardware on start up which hasnt worked.

There has been posts of going into device manager and disabling the hardware in there, but I cant do that on the FLASH box as its already streaming and its locked down so cant the configs have to be made on the SSD box which doesn't have the 4GB flash drive in.

Any ideas?

I hope there is enough information on here for an answer. 
    Lets pull our brain power together and get an answer. 

As per other posts and infinite Google searches, I know that many other people has a similar issue.
    Tuesday, May 20, 2014 7:59 AM

Answers

• Did you check this ?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/deb4207b-4455-475e-91cd-876c181091bb/disable-found-new-hardware-wizard?forum=itproxpsp

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:50 AM