Cannot start Microsoft Outlook Email 2007 says Errors Detected RRS feed

• Question

• I get the message that the set of folders cannot be opened and errors were detected. Advises me to use inbox repair tool to diagnose. Troubleshooting says there is an incompatible program but I can't figure out what.
    Thursday, May 23, 2019 5:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We have an official article regarding basic troubleshooting steps to fix Outlook not starting.

Please refer to: I can’t start Microsoft Outlook

By the way, Outlook 2007 is an earlier version which may easily cause some incompatible issue.

Since support for Outlook 2007 has ended on October 10, 2017. Microsoft will not provide support for Outlook 2007, including security patches, non-security hot fixes, and incident/assisted support. It is recommended to upgrade to newer version of Office to get better support and user experience.

Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Sunday, May 26, 2019 5:49 AM
    Friday, May 24, 2019 3:33 AM
  • In most cases it is the corrupted Navigation Pane settings file that prevents Outlook from starting successfully, so the first thing you need to do is to mend it. Here's how you can do this on different operating systems:

• If you use Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click the Start button. On Windows XP, click Start > Run.
    • Type the following command in the search field:

outlook.exe /resetnavpane

•  There is a space between outlook.exe and /resetnavpane.

3. Press Enter or click on the file in order to reset the Navigation Pane settings and then open Outlook.

Saturday, May 25, 2019 6:12 AM
  • Any updates with this issue? Can you open Outlook client now?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 4:54 AM