locked
Sharepoint Search Error RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi there,

    At our company we have a new, freshly installed 2 months ago Sharepoint 2013 Server. All working like it should. Even the search was working just fine for a while. 

    We use Continous Crawl since we have a very up to date sharepoint need. Whatever, the thing is that sometimes it gives this error when people search.

    Now, i tried just about everything on the internet. But i only found 1 workaround. Recreating the Search Service Application. If i recreate it, and then start crawling, in 30 min or so i can start searching again. But after a week maybe, it gives this error again.

    Now i checked in Search Administration and found this:

    Now i'm not Sharepoint expert, but isn't it way too many errors 69.000 ? Could this be the problem?

    Anyway, i tried using powershell to get the Corellation ID error using: 

    Get-SPLogEvent | ?{$_.correlation -eq "01c1ee9c-36cb-f0ba-61b5-ad0323f297f9"}| select Area,Category,Level,EventID,Message|format-list | out-file c:\awesome.txt

    Thing is, its stuck, i mean the txt appears where it should, but its empty until the powershell cmdlet finishes. I'm guessing its all those 69.000 errors taking long to write? I'm not shore. In any case, recreating the search service application every week is not a valid option. Any thought on the matter?

    Thanks

    Monday, March 2, 2015 10:08 AM

All replies

  • You can please try any of these solution, may be helpful.

    1. Content Source Issue - Please check URLs configured in the Content Sources that either didn’t exist, or did not have a proper DNS entry that pointed the server to the correct location. - https://techchucker.wordpress.com/2013/04/12/sharepoint-2013-search-stopped-working/
    2. Index Issue - Please try by reset Indexes - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219652.aspx
    3. SharePoint Cache Issue - Please try by clear your SharePoint cache and again crawl your content sources. - https://johnmhester.wordpress.com/2014/02/27/unable-to-stop-crawl-andor-index-reset-sharepoint-2013-search/


    Thanks
    Ganesh Jat [My Blog | LinkedIn | Twitter ]
    Please click 'Mark As Answer' if a post solves your problem or 'Vote As Helpful' if it was useful.

    Monday, March 2, 2015 12:34 PM
  • Thx, but that's not really the issue i think.

    1. I have only 1 sharepoint site, the local one which contains multile subsites in it. 

    2. I just tried that, and now i've set up a incremental and full crawl schedule instead of continous crawl. It remains to be seen if this works. Now when i search i get :

    3. It's not really the case since i can reset index. And like i said, i also tried remaking the Search service application again, with a new DB as well. After a few days it goes bad just like now.

    Monday, March 2, 2015 12:54 PM
  • Hi George,

    You need to enter sps3://My_Site_host_URL, for people search to work on your sharepoint farm.

    If the web application where you deployed the My Sites site collection uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), then type the start address in the form sps3s://My_Site_host_URL.

    Amol


    • Edited by Amol Pawar Monday, March 2, 2015 1:02 PM
    Monday, March 2, 2015 1:01 PM
  • 1. Ok,

    2. Contents are not crawled yet , that's why no result

    3. If 2nd wont work , then you can try it once(whenever you encounter the issue again)[Clear Cache -Recreate Indexes-Re-crawl content sources]. Sometime clearing cache solve many issues in Search. I experienced it once.



    Thanks
    Ganesh Jat [My Blog | LinkedIn | Twitter ]
    Please click 'Mark As Answer' if a post solves your problem or 'Vote As Helpful' if it was useful.

    Monday, March 2, 2015 1:02 PM
  • so in my case it would be : sps3://sharepoint.company.ro     ????
    Monday, March 2, 2015 1:51 PM
  • I don't want to search people, plus i have no profile service setup. I want to search for documents. That's it. The sp3 thing u said, it crawls for just 18 seconds...its useless.
    Monday, March 2, 2015 8:20 PM
  • Hi did you first try to click on that no. of errors link to check what the error description is?

    Regards,
    SC Vinod
    Blog
    : http://sharesilver.wordpress.com/

    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 8:37 AM
  • In other news, after reseting the index, the full crawl took 4 hours give or take. Search works. But when i look at the crawl log :

    Again, i'm no sharepoint expert, but 38000 errors is never good. When i click on it:

    See anything? It's obvious where the majority of errors come from. But how do i fix them? 

    Again, search works now, but i don't know how long it will work.

    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 9:31 AM
  • Dear,

    We also getting more under errors then success under search error log. Is there any solution for these.

    1.The item could not be indexed successfully because the item failed in the indexing subsystem. ( The item could not be indexed successfully because the item failed in the indexing subsystem.; Failed to recover content group; Aborting insert of item in Link Database because it was not inserted to the Search Index

    2.The SharePoint item being crawled returned an error when attempting to download the item

    3.The item could not be indexed successfully because the item failed in the indexing subsystem. ( The item could not be indexed successfully because the item failed in the indexing subsystem.; Failed to recover content group; Aborting insert of item in Link Database because it was not inserted to the Search Index.; ; SearchID = 00401577-F26F-4D70-AFAF-A188C6F5E51D 


    Thanks & Regards, Krishna


    Friday, December 30, 2016 10:25 AM