none
Access is denied (0x80070005) error when trying to create a recovery point. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

First of all, I am running the version 4.2.1273.0

When trying to create a recovery point for new databases that were created (on SQL Server), I receive the following error (in the monitoring tab):

Recovery point creation jobs for SQL Server 2012 database[Servername\databasename] on [Servername] have been failing. The number of failed recovery point creation jobs = 1.
     If the data source protected has some dependent data sources (like a SharePoint Farm), then click on the Error Details to view the list of dependent data sources for which recovery point creation failed. (ID 3114)

An unexpected error occurred while the job was running. (ID 104 Details: Access is denied (0x80070005))

I have no errors in event viewer, on either the DPM server or the SQL Server.  No errors also that I can see that relates to this in the DPM logs in the TEMP folder of the installation location.

When running Process Monitor, I see that DPM tries to write to a volume, but recieves an access is denied error.

Other databases from the same server work correctly.  The replica was created without issue.

Has anyone seen this before?  It seems one of the volumes DPM created does not grant access to DPM to create files on it.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, July 20, 2015 6:19 PM