Windows 7 Corrupt on Toshiba Satellite - HELP! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know there are a lot of messages relating to this but i am getting so confused and i am not good with Computer talk at all!!

I have a Toshiba Satellite C660-116 on Windows 7 Home Edition.

So basically the problem is this:

I shut down my computer and it asked me to install windows updates, i left it to update and shut down but the next time i switched it on it just wouldn't work, it just comes up with a black screen and at first it was saying that there was a problem with my OS which in my mind means Operating System so i have presumed its Windows 7 thats the problem and has somehow got corrupt.

I have tried:

Downloading WIN7 Home Edition from the internet and putting it onto a disk (from another pc) and putting it into my laptop, this picks up and it asks me to select my language but when i select Repair, it comes up with: RECENC.exe is corrup c:\windows\system 32 is corrupt.I know all i need to do is re-install Windows 7 somehow but it just doesnt want to play ball.

I have currently a CHKDSK /F running and it is deleting loads of corrupt files. But if this doesnt work i am seriously stuck!

Please help!

Thanks

Kelly

Thursday, January 3, 2013 4:48 PM

Answers