none
How to remove a resource from project team without data loss RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirement that, the resource must be removed from a project team after getting DE-allocated from the project.

If i do so, the data of the resource for that project, i.e; actual hours per task filled by the resource gets deleted, which seems not correct. The report for such projects comes out wrong.

Is there any way to de-allocate the resource from the team while keeping all his data there in the project ?

The basic requirement is to restrict the manager to allocate a task to a team member who is not the part of project anymore.

Friday, March 20, 2015 10:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Abhishek,

If the resource has actual on the project, indeed it cannot be removed from the project team. It is just a matter of communicating with the project manager. Here is how the project manager should proceed.

• Open the project in Project Pro
    • Open the "build team from enterprise" in the resource ribbon
    • Select on the left side (available resources) the new resource
    • Select on the right side (project resources) the deallocated resource
    • Click on "replace": you'll be prompted that the resource has actuals on the project and cannot be replaced and that only the remaining work will be assigned to the new resource.

Doing this, you'll keep the project history, but still the PM will be able to assign the deallocated resource. There is no way to prevent it, unless you deactivate the resource, but it will be at enterprise level, meaning for all projects.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, March 20, 2015 10:34 AM