How to disable all workflows in SCSM RRS feed

• Question

• In the following TechNet article, step 6 says to disable all workflows.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj900180(v=sc.12).aspx

How do we do this?  If we go into Administration, Workflows, Status, we can disable workflows.   

there are additional workflows running in the background that are not seen in this interface.   Do we need to disable any other workflows?

Thank you

Friday, February 10, 2017 8:21 PM

All replies

• Hi

I assume you are trying to set up a lab environment with Production data as per the link to test migrating to SCSM 2016?

In which case I do not think that you have to disable all the background workflows, but if you really need to do it, I would start with this link https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/servicemanager/2011/07/07/disabling-workflows-with-overrides/.

I would use the "Setting up Service Manager 2016 Lab environment with Production data" link in your post as a guide and only do the steps that are relevant to your environment and the goals you are trying to achieve.

When I am testing upgrades and compatibility, I usually only take the Management Packs between environments and do not try to replicate the data. Obviously this does not capture everything - security user roles are a good example - but it is quick and easy to transfer Management Packs between environments. 

The data is usually not the issue and sample data can usually be fairly easily created. The more important factor is the Management Packs, custom workflows, code or solutions that have been implemented. These need to be tested and verified when upgrading to SCSM 2016.

Changes with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 mean that SCSM third party tools will break in SCSM 2016 unless they have been updated to SCSM 2016 - most third party vendors will have a SCSM 2016 version by now. But if you have internal code\workflows these may also have to be updated.

You can also create custom powershell scripts to export data out of SCSM and then use import\create scripts to recreate the data. This would take a bit of effort, but can be useful way of transferring more controlled or targeted data.

Hope this helps

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

Saturday, February 11, 2017 12:22 AM