none
Get MemberValue from Member Selection Filter RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I have a filter that is going out to my SSAS cube and populateing the Country values in a drop down. 

I have an web page report (aspx) that is getting this value and will be redirecting it to another page. 

I linked the filter and web page report in my dashboard, and the functionality is there, however am having a problem with the filter value being returned.  The value coming from the filter is

[Dim Geography].[Country].&[US]

I want this to be just US, not the whole hierarchy attributes.  I have tried various things in the formula editor in the link but to no avail.  I really don't want to have to bring this entire thing in and parse it out just to get to the US value.  Can someone help?

Thanks,

Mindy

Friday, January 23, 2009 3:32 PM

Answers

• What have you tried so far?  You want to get at the display value, not the member uniquename right?  Take a look at a few postings by Nick Barclay and see if they point you in the right direction, if not then please provide what you have setup so far that is not working and we can get this working for you.

Creating Dynamic Web Page Reports

Debugging Filter Links with Web Page Reports

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Monday, February 16, 2009 8:25 PM
    Saturday, January 24, 2009 3:32 AM

All replies

• What have you tried so far?  You want to get at the display value, not the member uniquename right?  Take a look at a few postings by Nick Barclay and see if they point you in the right direction, if not then please provide what you have setup so far that is not working and we can get this working for you.

Creating Dynamic Web Page Reports

Debugging Filter Links with Web Page Reports

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Monday, February 16, 2009 8:25 PM
    Saturday, January 24, 2009 3:32 AM
  •  I have looked at Nicks stuff over and over, and everything works grand when you have tabular values.  but his info doesn't go into filters that are being pulled from a SSAS cube.  I have spent hours looking for just this example and can't find it.

My filter works as it should, I don't want the display value, I want the memberuniquename.  THis is because in my Filter the display value is the value 'United States' and the uniquename is 'US' and I want the 'US' value as it is returning me.  Unfortunately, it is returning the entire hiearachy along with it...so I get  [Dim Geography].[Country].&[US], and I just want it to come back with US.

In the create link there is a formula editor where I think I maybe able to do some MDX to just bring back the value, but there isn't much on this anywhere either.

If I can't figure it out, then I will have to parse out the &[US] from the rest of the string in my aspx code, and I really don't want to do that.

Thanks for the help!!!

Saturday, January 24, 2009 12:01 PM