UAG and Citrix RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to publish the Citrix Web Interface on UAG. The customer has about 15 servers that need to be added, but the UAG GUI will only allow me to add 4 servers. Back in the eGap/IAG days I know you could click in that little while space below the last server to get more in there, but with UAG, you just can't. 

Has anyone run into this? If so, how did you get around it? 
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:19 PM

Answers

• Yeah, I did, and have pointed it out to MS; think it is a GUI bug as the web server list auto-expands as per IAG...

To solve my needs, I ended up using regex to define the common part of the server names, but you could also define IP subnets etc.

E.g. very basically, if your citrix servers are called COMPANYXCTX001-COMPANYXCTX015 you could use COMPANYXCTX* in the first field. You can troubleshoot what needs to be added by looking for errors in Web Monitor.

Cheers

JJ
    Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:59 PM

All replies

• Yeah, I did, and have pointed it out to MS; think it is a GUI bug as the web server list auto-expands as per IAG...

To solve my needs, I ended up using regex to define the common part of the server names, but you could also define IP subnets etc.

E.g. very basically, if your citrix servers are called COMPANYXCTX001-COMPANYXCTX015 you could use COMPANYXCTX* in the first field. You can troubleshoot what needs to be added by looking for errors in Web Monitor.

Cheers

JJ
    Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 3:59 PM
  • Thanks Jason, that helps a lot!
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 5:47 PM
  • I'm glad to know the wildcards will work, but it is also possible to hit the INSERT key, to have the UI create an extra box for you to add additional servers. I found this out through 

http://uagengineer.wordpress.com/2010/04/28/how-to-configure-more-than-four-citrix-farm-servers-in-uag-2010/

This worked for me (at least it allowed me to get more than four entries in the UI).

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 2:46 PM