Change wsus server on client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have several clients that point through GPO to wsusserver1.

Now I deployed wsusserver2 and modified GPO in order to point to this one, but in wsusserver2 console, in computer list, I cannot see my clients. They are still handled by wsusserver1. How can I say "wsusserver1, don't manage my clients anymore, let do it by wsuserver2"? What happens if I delete the client from wsuserver1?

(Obviously I verified that the new policy has been received by the clients).

Thank you

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 9:38 AM

Answers

• Hi

If you do a gpupdate /force on one of the machines does it update?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Alex Lv Friday, October 3, 2014 10:25 AM
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 9:49 AM
  • Hi, the gpupdate works correctly, I am working also on other policies and when I run gpupdate and gpresult I can see new policies applied correctly. But it seems that clients are still managed by the old server, also if on the old server the "last status report" is not a recent date, while other clients that have never been registered on the old server (only in the new one) has a "last status report" updated to today on the new wsus server.

Sounds to me like you did not properly implement the GPO.

Based on this description, your GPO for the downstream server is not being applied.

Did you create a *NEW* GPO.. or did you edit the GPO that already applied to these systems?

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCSA, MCITP:EA, MCDBA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2014)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/mvp/Lawrence%20R%20Garvin-32101
    http://www.solarwinds.com/gotmicrosoft
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Friday, September 5, 2014 3:19 AM

All replies

• Hi

If you do a gpupdate /force on one of the machines does it update?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 9:49 AM
  • Hi, the gpupdate works correctly, I am working also on other policies and when I run gpupdate and gpresult I can see new policies applied correctly. But it seems that clients are still managed by the old server, also if on the old server the "last status report" is not a recent date, while other clients that have never been registered on the old server (only in the new one) has a "last status report" updated to today on the new wsus server.
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 10:03 AM

Sounds to me like you did not properly implement the GPO.

Based on this description, your GPO for the downstream server is not being applied.

Did you create a *NEW* GPO.. or did you edit the GPO that already applied to these systems?

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCSA, MCITP:EA, MCDBA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2014)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/mvp/Lawrence%20R%20Garvin-32101
    http://www.solarwinds.com/gotmicrosoft
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Friday, September 5, 2014 3:19 AM