none
how to work in a domain without ADDC ?? RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i have a network in small company with about 25 computers >

i made a domain with Microsoft windows server 2008 r2 and i added all the computers into the domain

and i mad one of the computers as file server and i made the permission as i want and everything is ok .

but the problem that the manager want to shutdown the AD server and let the network work with file server with the permissions witch we defined .....

when the AD server is on ..... everything is ok 

but when we shutdown the AD server ....users cant access the file server

never >>>

can you help me please to find a way to make it work without the AD server ??

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:15 PM

All replies

• any help plleeeease???

Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:35 PM
  • can you help me please to find a way to make it work without the AD server ??

Can't be done. Period.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCSA, MCITP:EA, MCDBA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2014)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/mvp/Lawrence%20R%20Garvin-32101
    http://www.solarwinds.com/gotmicrosoft
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 4:07 PM
  • hi

this could be possible when u share that with the offline option in the file server,

my suggestion is try to make one system specially for the file server that could be helpful

pradeep chandra guttula

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 10:51 AM
  • hi

this could be possible when u share that with the offline option in the file server,

my suggestion is try to make one system specially for the file server that could be helpful

pradeep chandra guttula

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 10:51 AM
  • hi

my suggestion is make one system as a ADC and verify in that install ADDC and check it

pradeep chandra guttula

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 10:53 AM