none
Deadline date preventing project update from PWA interface RRS feed

• Question

• We have the following error when trying to update a project PDP through PWA. "An error has occurred when saving your project to the server. Please contact your administrator for assistance."

We have identified in the project schedule one task that is the origine of the problem. In this task, there is a deadline date. If we remove the deadline date, we can update the project from PWA without any problem.

The task has a deadline date and is completed at a 100%.  

If someone has an explanation for this, I will be happy to hear it.

Mermoz

Friday, April 4, 2014 12:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Mermoz,

Which Project Server version are you working with? Which SP and CU have you applied?

I has not able to reproduce your issue with Project Online and Ms Project Pro 2013.

Maybe just try to remove the culprit task, publish the project, create again the task and republish.

Please give more information and we'll try to help you.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Friday, April 4, 2014 12:51 PM
  • We are using project server 2010.  We have SP2 installed. I don't know CU last applied.

We have this issue with one project. I can't reproduce the problem with another project.

If a remove the Deadline Date and publish, then, PWA update works fine.

If I add back the Deadline Date and publish, then, we get the same error message.

Next, I will try to add back a different "Deadline date" and will report the result.

Mermoz

Friday, April 4, 2014 3:10 PM
  • Adding back a different Deadline Date result in "NO" problem. 

Reproducing the problem with another plan doesn't succeed.

I'm actually seeking for a rational but there is no actual issue with this case.

Mermoz

• Edited by Mermoz Friday, April 4, 2014 5:12 PM
    Friday, April 4, 2014 5:09 PM
  • Hi Mermoz,

It happens! It seems just to be a bug. Sometime deleting the culprit just solves many unexpected behavior.

Glad that you find it out!

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Friday, April 4, 2014 8:24 PM