Required administrator rights RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

into my PC i use an admin user (my user is admin of the whole local domain). i'm also signed as administrator for my local PC.

in one folder i have this trouble:

it seems i've not the admin permission in this folder. this causes a malfunctioning of the software running inside.

what could you suggest to me? the software runs if i run it with administrator rights, while it works bad if i run it normally.

since i'm admin, i should no say everytime "i want to run it using admin rights"

Saturday, February 11, 2017 10:25 AM

Answers

• Hi andrea vironda,

I suggest that we could find the software and right click it. Then we could find the “Compatibility” option and check the “Run this program as an administrator” in Settings.

Also we could right click on the folder and go to properties/security/advanced/owner and it should be your computer's name administer if not go to change permissions at bottom and pick you name out and check replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions and click apply then try to do it.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by andrea vironda Monday, February 13, 2017 2:18 PM
    Monday, February 13, 2017 5:53 AM