none
MDT desktop icons and XP RRS feed

• Question

• Ok so I have used MDT to deploy windows 7 and everything work great with drivers and all that. So my company wants to deploy Windows 7 and Xp still as their are still those few pcs that need it. The question I have is, I am creating my golden image in vmware with all the applications we use. Is there a way to choose if that computer will get all the desktop icons. For example lets say I am imaging a computer that wont use some applicationt (even though they are installed on the image) to just gut a certain group of desktop icons when the computer joins the domain and then like another group of desktop icons thats gets set if it does use those applications? also lets say for the administrator local account i dont want any icons and every other user gets those icons. Is that possible?
    • Edited by azepeda09 Saturday, April 5, 2014 4:43 PM
    Saturday, April 5, 2014 4:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can either write some script's that do that. Or you are going to implement a workspace manager like RES Workspace Manager or AppSense.

This has little to nothing to do with MDT, so my suggestion would be not to try and resolve it with MDT. It's a deployment tool, not a workspace manager.

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Monday, April 7, 2014 8:38 AM