none
WIndows 2012 R2 Active directory promblem after applying GPO RRS feed

• Question

• Geetings,

We have a single domain  based on two DCs  windows 2012 R2.
    We added  a gpo on  domain tree in GPMC. I noticed  that  access to domain exchnage store  stooped and immediately removed the GPO. But it was too late. It seems that has done some issues to Active directory.

All domain computers and member servers have lost  introduction with the DCs. What I mean is  that , instead of the domain name ,on network icon, appears "network".
    I removed  and rejoined  computers  on the domain  without problem but still the domain name is not come up. ONLY the two DCs  have domain name on network identification.

All domain services (DNS,netlogon) are running.
    My main concern is the exchange which  I removed and rejoined  on domain but  network  icon says "Network" Not the domain name  ( Information store and  exchamnge address is in "starting" mode)

I did  dcdiag /c  for DNS testing  and failed   on  Delegation test
    The error reffered to an oold  dc that has been  removed  a year ago. Is that could be a problem for the whole domain systems to see: the domain ?I beleive ius the GPO taht caused the issue. But I am lost on what that might be

Thank  you for listening. Any ideas will be more appreciated.
    Saturday, July 20, 2019 12:03 PM

All replies

• Hello,
    Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

To better understand our question, please confirm the following information:

1. What detailed group policy setting do we apply? And how do we configure it?

2. According to “What I mean is  that , instead of the domain name ,on network icon, appears "network".”, are these computers in the domain at this time?

3. According to "
    I removed  and rejoined  computers  on the domain  without problem but still the domain name is not come up. ", are these computers in the domain at this time?

4. What is the meaning of "Information store and exchange address is in "starting" mode""?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 22, 2019 5:49 AM
  • Hi,
    If this question has any update or is this issue solved? Also, for the question, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 7:34 AM
  • Hi,
    I am just writing to see if this question has any update. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.
    Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Monday, July 29, 2019 8:38 AM